Filmed around scenic Sapporo, Hokkaido Japan and Húsavík Iceland, the 9-part Netflix series about a first love between Yae Noguchi and Harumichi Namiki stood the test of time. The ending made my heart leapt for joy - they reunited after a tragic separation and got their happy ending after going through much of life's tribulations and traumas. Fate is indeed an enigma (a mysterious thing)! Harumichi said, "This is my treasure - the story of my first love." The series revived the song, "First Love" (1998) by Hikaru Utada, which I love a lot (brought back nostalgia of time capsule, etc). Below is an extract of the lyrics (translated to English). Daisukidesu... ❤
"Just as time (frozen in its tracks) is about to move again, there's only one thing I can't forget. Tomorrow around this time I will surely be crying, thinking of you. You will always be in my heart, there will always be a place only for you. I hope that I have a place in your heart too. Now and forever, you are still the one. Now it is still a sad love song, until I can sing a new love song. You are always gonna be my love, even if I fall in love with someone again someday. I'll remember to love, coz you taught me how."
No comments:
Post a Comment